Friday, May 20, 2011

Heavy.... Metal.....!!!!

Had a chance to settle in to my new place, although there are still plenty of boxes to be unpacked. Bit by bit, I'll get it done (at least, I hope I will haha)

My next gig to shoot is a local band called Beheading of a King. They are a heavy metal (death metal I think?) band, who are starting to gain some momentum. Tragedy hit them a few months ago when their lead singer committed suicide. The rest of the band members decided to carry on. This is their first show on stage since.

There were some opening acts as well, which were just as heavy, and just as interesting! First show with earplugs for this photographer, and afterwards, I can guarantee that it won't be my last.

I have to say that I'm loving shooting metal. The action, speed, emotion and energy of the shows are insane.

I had such a blast shooting these bands, I made individual galleries of their images. :)

Thrust N Thrive

End of Crisis
God Falls
Beheading of a King

For those who are interesting in knowing, my current gear that I've been shooting with are:
Canon 7D
Canon 10-22
Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS
and I recently purchased the Canon 24-70 f/2.8. My Tamron wasn't bad, but the lens is known for slow focus in the dark, and shooting shows is pretty damn dark.





No comments:

Post a Comment