Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Froknowsphoto chat

A few weeks ago, when I was doing online research on Black Rapid straps, I stumbled on Jared Polin's site froknowsphoto. He had a fun twist on typical reviews, adding a bit of humour, which was interesting to say the least.

I joined his site, ended up following him on twitter and his flickr group. No, I'm not a stalker, I swear.

I posted a recent image I took to his group as I like to randomly do to flickr groups and he messaged me saying he wanted to use my image as his Picture of the Week and have a quick interview on Skype.

Cool! Having anyone take interest in your images is great, specially when that someone knows their stuff. Jared is a great photographer. I particularly like his concert and back stage shots.

So after a few days of back and forths, we finally managed to meet up on Skype. What happens when you get two guys who like to talk together talking about what they like? About 40 minutes (and it could of been more). Started with a 5 minute "hey, how are you", moved into him being disappointed I didn't have a french accent (and can't do one), then the 15 minute interview (with no prep, which is fun), then another 20 minutes chatting about photos, marketing, online, lenses and going into health care, politics, canadians, palestine and other stuff.

Here is a link to the interview and to the image

Fro's POTW - Montreal

And here is a link to Jared's personal site, if you want to check out his work

No comments:

Post a Comment